Wednesday, October 24, 2007

China...Business As Usual

Shanghai:

I recently had the opportunity to go to China and Hong Kong on business. It has never really been a desire of mine to travel to Asia, but I'm converted. What an amazing place. I spent about a week in mainland China, and the same in Hong Kong.

My least favorite thing:

The food. My first meal in China was an authentic Chinese dinner with the management of one of our factories. The first thing that they brought out was shrimp. There is something about Chinese meals where the closer the protein is to its natural state the better it is. Oh, and I'm not a seafood person - at all. Nothing like staring a whole shrimp straight in its giant black eyes - and then tearing it to pieces. I took the adventure in stride.

My favorite thing:

HONG KONG. This city is neck and neck with London, as my favorite city in the world. This picture was taken at The Peak - a small mountain that overlooks the city. I really enjoyed everything about the experience. I have promised that I will go back with Ashly - then we will rank it among our world adventures.

This picture looks fake, I know. This is the tallest building in HK.


Hong Kong Temple:

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cool pics. Nice to see you had such a good time and got back safe. I know Ashly was missing you! I'm so excited you guys have a blog!

Caitlin said...

It looks like you had an awesome experience you little world traveler! What a great opportunity!

Mr. D said...

wo i ni mikey, that's I love you in chinese, but I bet you already knew that. Love the blog.

Jane Durham said...

mikey, you look like superman in that tallest building picture, it's perfect with the beams of light coming off the sides of the picture, I laughed so hard!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

China looks pretty cool...I can't believe how old Brady looks! It has been a while since I have seen him!!