Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baby Calder!

Calder Michael Thomson arrived the morning of Saturday, August 16th at 8:45. Things started to get exciting at about 1am, we were at the hospital by 2am, and about 7 hours later he was here. He came two full weeks early, weighing in at 7lbs 14oz and 2o inches long. All of the nurses and doctors keep commenting on his already chubby cheeks. We have waited a long time for this little guy, and couldn't be more excited about him.


Here we are about an hour before the real work began.




8:45 - Just arrived!


Calder's first bath - he loved the warm water.



Cuddling with Mom.

27 comments:

Matt said...

He is adorable. We give our permission for he and Sofia to date.

Ashley said...

He's beautiful!! Congratulations you guys. Almost exactly like James...2 weeks early and James was 7 lbs 12 ounces. We're so happy for you. The pictures are adorable!

Katie said...

What a doll! He is so cute! Ash, I think he looks just like you. Totally like your baby pictures. How fun. We are so thrilled he is here.

Way to go. I love the picture of him cuddling with you. We are so thrilled for you. We love you!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

CONGRATS!!! He is adorable and is it just me, or does it look just like Ashly? What cute hair he has. Can't wait to see him in person.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Congrats you guys! Calder is darling. He is big, I am glad for Ash's sake he didn't stay in for two more weeks!

M said...

Welcome, baby Calder. He's got Tolbert cheeks and dark hair! I love the pictures - you guys are naturals, and he is darling. Hope everyone is feeling well. Can't wait to see him.

Kelli said...

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes as I look at these pics. I LOVE my new nephew so much and you two are going to do AMAZING. All he needs is lots of love and you two have so much to give. Calder is sooo lucky!

Heather said...

Congratulations guys, he is beautiful! He looks like Ashly! Glad to hear that he arrived safely. We can't wait to see more pictures of him.

w and w said...

Finally, he's here! How happy you two must be. Way to go Ash through the hard pregnancy and way to go Mikey for supporting her so well the whole way. He's a beautiful boy. Maybe his pictures will inspire Annie to grow some hair! No doubt Kristi is a thrilled aunt. She has every right to be!

natalie said...

hooray!!! congratulations you two! couldn't be happier for you! i'm smiling ear to ear...
love,
nat

JoAnn said...

Great Grandma Joyce agrees with everyone, he is adorable and sweet. yes he does look like you Ashly... especially the hair and cute little chubby cheeks, and beautiful eyes. congrats and good luck, Love from Mama Maybe he won't require a vacume...

Mr. D said...

What a cutie, we can't wait to meet him. You guys are going to love being parents, congrats.

afacer said...

HOLY COW - what a cutie... and a chunk! Love the dark hair too! Congratulations you guys... couldn't be happier for you all!!

Ben and Chels said...

Ash-
Oh my gosh, we just barly saw you guys and now you have a baby! I am sooo excited. And as you know I absolutely love that name. I know everyone has said this but he really does look just like you!

Jane Durham said...

ohh!! look at all that dark hair! he is so cute. It is so fun to see huge mikey giving that tiny baby a bath in a tiny tub. ash, you look great, I want to hear more about it all later.

Katie M. said...

BAHHAHAHAHAH! ASHLY!! (and mikey:))

I COULD not believe my eyes when you sent me that little announcement text. I think my water almost broke just reading it! We are sooooo exited he's here, all is well, and man, what a cutie! I knew he would be. Oh Ash, I've been stalking you with phone calls this last weekend, but I understand your hands are a bit tied up and I'm sure everyone and their dog is calling you, so just get back to me when you can. I AM DY-IN to talk to you. How come you came early? No fair. Just watch- I'll come TWO weeks late and give birth to a wharthog who weighs 11 lbs. Can't wait man...
Calder is handsome! I'd say congrats, but that's what everyone else is saying, so I'll use the word, YAY.

LOVE YOU!
kates

patsy said...

I love, love, love that little guy.. and his parents too!! What a cutie!!

Brandon and Lindsey B said...

Congratulations guys!

-Brandon and Lindsey

Kimberley said...

SO Precious! Congratulations!!!!

quinn and kristi said...

I love that little boy so much. If anything in this world could make me baby hungry it's him. You guys are amazing we love you!

anneandryan said...

Congrats! He is so cute. I like the name you picked out and I love love love the nursery.

Jenny said...

Hey!!! Congrats:) What a beautiful baby! You are a trooper Ashly:)

JanaB said...

I am just so thrilled for you both!!!!! Oh I wish I was closer!!!! What a sweetie! Miss you all!

Michelle said...

2 words, ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.

we love you guys! can't wait to meet him! He is the spitting image of his beautiful mom!

Marisa said...

CONGRATS!!! He is seriously so beautiful. I love his name, too.

Jess said...

Calder is so adorable and is not a dillweed!! It was great to see you guys! -Jess and Dave

Jennie said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so cute.