
Okay, very few of you who are reading this blog probably care how I feel about the NBA Playoffs. This is purely therapeutic for me...I hope. I was bummed when the Suns were knocked out, but I still had the Hornets (the best part about the NBA Playoffs) and the Jazz. My prediction was that the Jazz would be gone in 5 - so 6 games was a delight. I honestly believed the Hornets would beat the Spurs. I mean, life is supposed to be filled with exciting upsets, right? There is very little to get excited about any longer...the NBA season is dead. The only glimmer of hope is Boston because we haven't seen them in the past 10 years.
If the Spurs win again this year, I vow to not watch an NBA game next year (maybe). Here is what an ESPN writer said about the Spurs:
"Maybe the Suns didn't win a championship, but we'll remember them 100 times more fondly than the brutally efficient and hopelessly bland Spurs, who taught everyone over the years that the regular season doesn't matter, transformed the NBA playoffs into a flopathon, revived the vile and fan-unfriendly Hack-A-Shaq strategy and did everything short of sending Bruce Bowen out on the court with a chainsaw and a taser. If the Spurs were the Team of the Decade, no wonder ratings dwindled..."
Enough Said.
No comments:
Post a Comment