Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5 Years Baby!

Ashly and I have been married for 5 years! We've pretty much got this whole "married" thing figured out. Kids won't add any additional variable or stress, right? Five years ago on May 17th, we tied the knot...and haven't looked back since. I can't imagine being married to an easier, more graceful, more patient, loving person. You're the best HotAsh!

Ashly surprised me with an Anniversary Getaway to sunny San Diego. What a needed break! As we were traveling, I noticed that it was the first time that I didn't have all of the details in my court. I had no idea what airline we were flying on, where we were renting a car, where the hotel was, what our plans were...Ashly had planned it all - it was a true vacation. She even got work off for me behind my back.

We flew in to San Diego on Friday, checked into the hotel, and then went to Sea World. After we had had enough of marine animals we headed over to Old Town. We were tired and sunburned already, and so our only purpose was to find "good food". We found it and couldn't have been more satisfied. Saturday we went to Coronado and spent the day on the beach. It was great to be at the beach; and Coronado is an awesome place. Saturday was our actual anniversary, so we wanted to enjoy a nice dinner. A friend recommended a place in La Jolla that overlooked the cove and the ocean. Amazing. The trip was finalized with brunch at our hotel. (Ashly knows people in high places, and so our hotel experience was surreal). The hotel called us Sunday morning and invited us to brunch - they had everything you could imagine...it was posh. Thanks for a great anniversary Ash!









8 comments:

Michelle said...

you two are so dang cute. What a fun trip. We went there last Summer and thought Coronado, and La Jolla were so fun. Happy Anniversary! Mike and I met the day after your wedding...that's a fun memory for me too. love ya!

Kelli said...

I'm excited for this little boy, now that you have life figured out. It will be good for him to come to two experts :) I love you both... Happy Five Years!

Kimberley said...

Congrats! You two are pretty good at paving the way! I'm glad you got to get away and celebrate!

Heather said...

You guys are too cute. It sounds like you had a great anniversary. I love San Diego. Matt's sister lives there and we'll have to check out this Mexican place next time we're there. Ashly is so cute prego! When is she due again? Glad you guys enjoyed yourself, and trust me a baby will really mix things up, but in a good way.

Jessica said...

Ash...! I'm super impressed!!! You planned the trip?!?! Wow, that's setting the bar a little high for the rest of us, don't you think?
So glad you guys had such a fun time! We need to plan a trip with our little ones for next spring! (Winter CHA) Happy Anniversary!

afacer said...

Glad to see you FINALLY got away - kudos to Ashly for planning everything!

Bart and Michelle said...

Hey Mikey and Ashly! I just thought I'd say congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little baby boy! I'm thrilled for you guys! And Happy Anniversary, too! :)
-Michelle (child)

JanaB said...

You two look great!!!!! I am just thrilled for you both! I saw Patti at church when I was in town a few weeks ago and it was so great to see her! FIVE years!!!! Am I getting old? I don't feel old :) You two keep in touch! Ash, could you e-mail me your address. . . janabf@hotmail.com I want to send you a little something something!