Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Appreciation...Sort Of.

Okay...let me say that Valentine's Day ranks among my least favorite holidays. It's not that I am lacking any love for those around me, but I dislike society telling me when I should appreciate and celebrate those relationships. And why February? I don't necessarily want to do away with the holiday, I just want to celebrate it in May or September - when the seasons are more appropriate.

Now that that is out of the way, I would like to say that this Valentine's Day was a good one. I was out of town for a week and came home on Valentine's Day - so the appreciation of being together was there. When I walked into the house, Ashly had made a replica of one of my favorite childhood Valentine's boxes. When I was in elementary school, I remember making an awesome Valentine's Day box that was the shape of a pool table - it was magnificent (if I do say so myself). Well...Ashly spent Wednesday night and Thursday morning making her very best replica of my childhood memory. Inside the box were pictures of me when I was little and pictures of Ash and I when we were dating, with little Valentines attached. What an awesome Valentine's Day gift!

Love You Ash!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Nice job Ash! And sorry for the rude comments in California Mikey!

Ali said...

Ash, I absolutely love the idea of replicating the childhood Valentines Box........how cute is that? Mikey, you are one very lucky man!

patsy said...

What a wonderful gift, Ash...... Mikey I'm glad that you appreciate what a great sweetheart you have!!

Michelle said...

you two make me sick! Just kidding - you know I absolutely love you guys to death. Hopefully we can all get together when we are in Utah in April.

Katie said...

I must say Ashly is for sure the cutest wife ever.