Mostly everything is READY for this
new little baby to come, but WOW, we weren't ready for last night. To our surprise our little one was ready to make his/her arrival at only 34 weeks along. At about 1:30 in the morning I was awoken to BIG contractions. I have been contracting for months now but these were much more intense and were coming about every 1-3 minutes. I woke Mikey up and "gave him the news...scare." He called the hospital and they said to come in. So we quickly packed a bag, camera included "just in case" and Tara came over to be with Calder. We were both in shock as we sped to the hospital with flooding memories of Calder's arrival going through our heads. But even though we were in disbelief I still couldn't help but say " sorry babe if my water breaks in your car." Mikey gave me his look and we got a little laugh in before we got to the hospital. Mikey wheeled me up to labor and delivery as I was breathing through the contractions. With the first check they said I was dilated to a 2 and about 80% effaced. They then did an ultrasound and found that the baby was head down. The doctor left the room and said she was going to talk to our doctor and ask to see if he wanted to do anything to stop labor. Again in disbelief Mikey and I looked at each other and we were both thinking "labor!" Since we are only 34 weeks our doctor really wanted to hold off labor, as we did, as much a possible. They started me on a IV and pumped me with meds to start controlling the intense contractions. From about 1:30 to 5am we continued to work through heavy labor and finally at 5ish things started to settle down. They were able to stop labor and then continued to monitor us until about noon and at that point decided it would be ok to send us home on semi bed rest.
So luckily we are now home and resting,still pregnant and trying to avoid going into labor again for at least another 3 weeks. This little baby is an excited little one, it was such a relief that though all of this stess, it was going great, tons of movement and heart rate was totally stable. Also since I've been resting I've been getting more movement than I have felt in a week. Calder also luckily didn't know any different and didn't feel neglected because he had the best morning with Bebe, had outside play day at school and learned all about firemen and then spent the rest of the day with Grandma Patsy doing everything he loves. Huge Thank you to Tar, Mom and Patsy for loving him so much!!
So the surprise and guessing is still out there... what do you think... BOY or GIRL?
6 comments:
Wow glad everything turned out to be ok, and sorry you had to go through that scare! Hopefully you can hang in there a few more weeks. Every day you can keep that peanut in will be huge! Good luck Ash! My doc kept thinking I was going to go early this time, he checked me internally since 30 weeks, I had to do shots for 20 weeks, and then I ended up being induced, so you just never know! Good luck I can't wait to hear the good news and hopefully it won't be for a few weeks!
How scary! Glad that they were able to stop things and keep that little peanut in there longer. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy!! I'm hoping you guys have a little girl. :) They are planning to induce me on Tuesday, if she doesn't come out on her own before then!! Take care Ash!
So glad you are home and resting and that sweet baby is still cooking! I'm saying...girl!
So happy to hear that your little GIRL is staying put for now and that everything is ok!! Can't wait to meet the little Bub in May!
wow! I am so glad that they were able to get it under control and that you'll have some time to rest before this little one joins you! I'm so glad you guys aren't finding out what you're having. That's the best. Love love love you.
Congratulations Mikey, Ashly, and Calder! My mom just texted me the pic of your new addition! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment