Sunday, February 1, 2009

Caribbean Cruizin'


Caribbean....Royal Caribbean



For Christmas, Mikey's parents gave the whole family a Caribbean cruise. It was awesome. Talk about a perfect time to get away from all of the snow and haze. We enjoyed the most beautiful beaches with white sand and turquoise water. We ate more great food than we probably should have. And we loved soaking up the sunny 85 degree Caribbean weather. It was more than perfect.
Thanks Mom! Thanks Dad!


Here is the whole group of us - on the island of St. Maarten

At dinner one night...Calder was unofficially voted 'best dressed'.

The Little Man

Ash and Calder - so cute!

One of Ashly's favorites.
This was at Megan's Bay - voted one of the Top 10 Beaches in the World. Clearly.

The Three of Us at Megan's Bay

Notice what the surf dragged in...Quinn.



We frequently thought about how spoiled Calder was as we changed his diaper and fed him in various parts of the Caribbean. I'm sure he remembers all of it :)




St. Thomas

One of the many towel animals found in our room at night.


Mom and her Little Buddy

On the Water Taxi after a day in the sun on the beach.

Ashly, Quinn, and Kristi swimming.
There aren't many pictures of Mikey & Ashly swimming because we had to tag-team the
little man.

St. Maarten

Love this Picture of Ash and Calder

Calder's face is so funny in this one...look closely. Funny Dude.
The Boys enjoying vacation

Kristi, Matt, Kelli, and Mikey.
It's great that these four love one another's jokes. They laughed the whole island tour.

Calder was so happy!
(Which also makes Mom so happy)

Calder loves hanging out with Mom


The Ocean wasn't quite as warm as the Bath


Almost every beach looked like this - and the picture doesn't even capture it.


Us, Mom & Dad, Kristi & Quinn - after dinner one night.

The Boys
The Girls

Old San Jaun, Puerto Rico

Puerto Rican Rain Forest

14 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Wow that looks like a BLAST! Ash, now that we are back in Utah, we would love to get together with you guys sometime and meet cute Calder!

Michelle said...

you guys seriously make me sick you're so dang cute. Mike loves the picture of Ash holding Calder up in the air. He totally started laughing it was so cute. You two look great! Ash - skinny skinny skinny! It looks like you guys had SO much fun and we are so glad you went on such a fun trip with your little dude. We really love you guys. Thanks for takin' us out when we were in town! Love you!

Kelli said...

I LOVE all of the pictures! You got SOOO many good pictures of your little family! And you failed to mention that the best dressed title was not JuSt for that night... Calder won best dressed for the ENTIRE trip... hands down! :)

Jane Durham said...

I've been waiting for this post! Good work Mikey, love your fam. Calder is so cute - his smile is to die for. I can't believe how smiley he is! Makes me miss you Ash, you look so beautiful and happy. I wish I could come see you and your chubby little baby. We'll have to get some girls together and I'll leave Peter with someone...love you guys!

sarah sample said...

this is so great. how old was calder? my cousin and I are going on a cruise and she might take her baby, any tips? xoxox
s

patsy said...

Love the new PIX!! Wish we were still there!!

Jessica said...

So. Not. Fair.
But, glad you guys had a fun time!

Jenny said...

Sooooo Ashly- I'm blogstalking you, but your trip looks fantastic! Btw- I was on that tall castle-y thing in the Puerto Rican rainforest in October...crazy...You look great, and Calder is adorable:)

Ashley said...

These pics are too cute. I've been checking back every day hoping to see them posted. What a fabulous trip. We can't wait to see you guys again!

Ali said...

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH YOU ON THIS TRIP!! Sending our love from OREGON!!! You know how in LOVE I am with Calder. We sure MISS ya!!

Matt said...

trying not to covet....or think bad thoughts about my neighbor.

ike and em said...

Oh dear! You have to be the cutest family ever. I can't get over Calder's cheeks. What a fun trip.

Katie said...

How fun! Calder is one lucky kid! How fun for you all. That is so great.

I love the pictures of Calder smiling. What a little charmer.

You look like the perfect little model family.

Jer & Cort Smith said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. Calder is such a good sport. We need to get together soon.