Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tulips from My BOY

Calder and I were on one of our regular trips to the grocery store doing our usual thing, passing by the flowers as we usually do and Calder stopped. He looked and looked and moved the flowers around. I kept pushing and asking Calder to move on and saying "come on bud lets hurry and get what we need." But he was adamant and wouldn't leave the flowers. I finally asked why he liked the flowers so much today and he said sweetly, "Because I want to get one for you, you love flowers. I want to find you the biggest one!" I just about broke down in tears right there. It had been a particularly hard night and morning and I was down but I didnt't want Calder to get a sense of it and was going about as usually hiding it and moving on with the day. He had no idea I was having a hard day, but on this particular day he knew I needed some love.

Thank you My Sweet Boy for loving your Mommy so much. Thank you for slowing down our day to brighten it up and for showing me what life is really all about.
I Love you more than I could ever say!!

2 comments:

The Kimballs said...

Oh my word! What a stud-muffin! This totally made me tear up. What a darling boy for his beautiful mama!

Michelle said...

that is soooooo sweet. he needs to teach Mike (my mike obviously) a thing or two! :)