Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dessert of the Summer...

I'm not a huge Root Beer fan, nor have I usually been a craver of Root Beer Floats but this summer has been different. It all started when Ash saw a Root Beer Float at Training Table in May. As with many items during her pregnancy, once she had it on her mind...it never left. A week later we made perfect Root Beer Floats. If you want the perfect Root Beer Float, you need to be particular about it. Get a big glass and pack it with ice cream - I mean fill the glass 80% full. It doesn't matter too much what kind of vanilla ice cream is used, but don't get the cheap stuff. However, it does matter what kind of Root Beer you use. It must be a "high end" Root Beer. Anything in that comes in a 2 liter probably wont cut it - you should use the stuff that comes in a glass bottle. Anyway...Ash's craving ended after one or two helpings, while I have continued with 2 or 3 floats a week. Guilty.

3 comments:

Jane Durham said...

sounds so good! glad to see you're posting more frequently!

Kelli said...

Oh Mikey... you always make me smile!

afacer said...

I expect to be seeing some of these around the office in the near future... preferably on a Tues.